We provide all information about Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited (TANGEDCO) recruitment 2021 syllabus and exam pattern in this article.
Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited (TANGEDCO) has given an employment notification for the recruitment of 2900 Posts of Field Assistant (Trainee) vacancies.
TANGEDCO Field Assistant Exam Pattern
|SL NO||SUBJECT (OMR EXAMINATION)||NUMBER OF QUESTION||TIME IN HOURS|
|Part – I General Tamil and General English||20 items/ marks||2 hours|
|Part – II Aptitude & Mental Ability Test||20 items/ marks|
|Part – III Subject oriented||60 items/ marks|
PROCEDURE OF SELECTION:TANGEDCO Field Assistant
A. SELECTION METHOD:
(i) Applying for the post online and attending the Physical Test and Written
The examination is not a guarantee for appointment or election to the post.
(ii) All candidates including the candidates sponsored by the Employment Exchange,
those who have completed ITI apprenticeship training in TANGEDCO/ TANTRANSCO/
TNEB and open market upon their eligibility as per the qualification, age, and other criteria
have to apply through ONLINE to appear in the Physical Test.
(iii) The details of the Physical Test to be conducted.
(iv) After Certificate verification and physical test, the candidates who passed the
The physical test alone will be permitted to appear in the Competitive Written Examination
and the candidates who do not pass the Certificate verification and Physical test will not
be permitted to appear in the Competitive Written Examination and a further selection
The competitive written examination shall be of objective type questions.TANGEDCO Field Assistant
(v) After verification of the original certificates, physical test, and written examination,
the eligible candidates will be selected as per the eligibility, the merit of the marks in
Competitive Written Examination and rule of reservation (respective turn in the Communal roster).
a. Provided that, when a candidate earmarked in the communal roster against the vacancy reserved for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Most Backward Classes/ Denotified Communities, Backward Classes, Backward Class Muslims or General Turn or in the case of priority or preferential Quota found to be ineligible or not joined, such turn shall be filled from the respective category and in accordance with the merit of marks.
(vi) Provided other things being equal among candidates, preference for selection will
be given to apprenticeship holders who have undergone apprenticeship training in
Syllabus Details:TANGEDCO Field Assistant
ANNEXURE – I
PART -I TANGEDCO Field Assistant
GENERAL ENGLISH S.S.L.C. Standard (Objective Type)Grammar
1. Match the following words and Phrases given in Column A with their meanings in
2. Choose the correct ‘Synonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
3. Choose the correct ‘Antonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
4. Select the correct word (Prefix and Suffix)
5. Fill in the blanks with suitable Article
6. Fill in the blanks with suitable Preposition
7. Select the correct Question Tag
8. Select the correct Tense
9. Select the correct Voice
10. Fill in the blanks (Infinitive, Gerund, and Participle)
11. Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb, and Object.)
Blanks with correct ‘Homophones’
12. Find out the Error (Articles, Prepositions, Noun, Verb, Adjective, and Adverb)
14. Select the correct sentence
15. Find out the odd words (Verb, Noun, Adjective, and Adverb)
16. Select the correct Plural forms
17. Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound, and Complex Sentence)
18. Identify the correct Degree.
19. Form a new word by blending the words.
20. Form compound words (Eg: Noun+Verb and Gerund+Noun)
PART –II TANGEDCO Field Assistant
APTITUDE & MENTAL ABILITY TESTS
Conversion of information to data collection, compilation, and presentation of data Tables,
graphs, diagrams Analytical interpretation of data Simplification –Percentage Highest
Common Factor (HCF) Lowest Common Multiple (LCM) Ratio and Proportion Simple interest
Compound interest Time and Work Logical Reasoning – Puzzles Visual Reasoning Number
PART -III TANGEDCO Field Assistant
FIELD ASSISTANT (ITI – Electrician/Wireman)
1. Basic Safety introduction – Personal protection – Elementary First Aid.
2. Fundamental of electricity. Electron theory-free, Electron – Fundamental terms,
definitions, units & effects of electric current
3. Properties of conductors, insulators, and semi-conductors. Types of wires & cables
standard wire gauge.
4. Ohm’s Law, Simple Electrical Circuits and problems. Kirchoff’s Laws and applications,
Wheatstone bridge principle.
5. Routine care & maintenance of Batteries. Electric Wirings, I.E. rules, Types of wirings.
6. Wiring System – PVC, concealed system. Fuses, Relays, Miniature circuit breakers
(MCB), ELCB, etc.
7. Working principle of Transformer. Classification C.T., P.T. Instrument. Type of
Cooling for transformer, Protective Devices.
8. Electrical Measuring Instruments-Types – Ammeter, Voltmeter, Multimeter,
Wattmeter, P.F.Meter & Energy Meter.
9. Induction Motor – Single-phase, Three-phase working principle. Construction,
characteristics. Transformer Winding.
10. Generation sources of energy, Types of fuels, Various ways of electrical power
11. Introduction of Single-phase, three-phase- 3 wire system in transmission lines.
Overhead Lines. Main components of overhead lines. Standard Conductor materials,
line supports, insulators, types of insulators. Under Ground Cable – Construction of
12. Distribution of Power – Function, and equipment used in Sub-Station. Classification of
Distribution System. Circuit Breakers – Introduction & classification of Circuit
Breakers. Lightning arrestors.
PHYSICAL TEST FOR THE POST OF FIELD ASSISTANT (TRAINEE)
i) The Physical Test shall contain 3 activities as detailed below:-
a) Activity – i
POLE CLIMBING AND CROSS ARM FIXING – The candidate has to properly wear the
belt rope, have to climb the 9 meters PSC pole (ie., 30 feet pole) and have to carry along
with him one end of the rope in which the other end will be kept tied with 3 – phase cross arm.
The candidate has to fix the wooden support for footrest, have to tie the belt rope with the
pole for safety purpose,s and have to fix the 3 – Phase Cross Arm at the top of the pole
securely and he should have to safely climb down. The Cross Arm should be fixed around
one foot from the top of the pole. The above process should be completed within 8 minutes
in one chance.
b) Activity – ii
Plaiting of rope with AAAC 7/3.15 mm conductor, marking and fixing the conductor
on the creeper, binding and fixing in the HT Disc, and inserting the M.Pin. The number of
rotations to be made while binding should not be less than 20 rounds. The above process
should be completed within 2 minutes in one chance.
c) Activity – iii
The candidate has to successfully Lift and Carry 3 Nos. of 3 1/2 feet V-Cross Arm
(around 35 kg) for a distance of 100 meters in one minute in one chance without putting the weight down.
ii) Those who have not properly tied the belt rope will not be allowed for further
participation in the physical test and such candidates will be deemed to be considered as
failed in the physical test.
iii) The candidates should not use any device for climbing the pole.
iv) The candidate who successfully completes the first activity alone will be permitted
for the second activity and those who complete the first and second activity alone will be permitted for the third activity.
v) The candidates who have passed all the above activities alone will be permitted to
appear in the Competitive Written Examination for the further selection process.
vi) No points or marks or priority will be given in the written examination based on
the performance in the above physical activities.
vii) No exemption will be provided to a woman or Differently Abled Persons or any
other persons who are unable to (or) refuse to perform the physical test and such candidates will be deemed to be considered as failed in the physical test.
To get more information about TANGEDCO Vacancy Details